Description: Candidates should be able to select, install and configure a boot manager.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Providing alternative boot locations and backup boot options
- Install and configure a boot loader such as GRUB Legacy
- Perform basic configuration changes for GRUB 2
- Interact with the boot loader
The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- menu.lst, grub.cfg and grub.conf
The boot manager’s job is to take the computer from power up to a functioning Linux kernel.
The first block(512 bytes) on disk is called MBR(master boot record)
(more grub knowledge should be added)